Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 2...Bangkok- TUK TUKS RULE
















Another amazing day in beautiful Bangkok...










I don't know why anyone says they don't love this city...It is beautiful and interesting and friggin fun!











We went to the biggest mall I have ever seen in my LIFE, called MBK. And we also went to the craziest food court I have seen in my life, not for the fient of heart I tell you, some interesting looking stuff.











We went down to the river and took an hour private long boat ride. So awesome! As our driver (with no teeth) sipped from the frosty cold beer we bought him (he actually pounded about 3) from a floating store, we got to see Bangkok from another perspective. We took a tour the the narrow channels and saw a different way of life for sure. We also saw a crocodile, and a Gila monster. Unfortunately no one would take me up on my dare to jump in the water so I am unsure as to if your skin would melt off on entry or if you would glow green at night :-p











Amazing though...











We then went to a restaurant called the Good View that was on the river, spectacular! Great food and watching the boats go by at night in the open air setting was beautiful!











TUK TUK's RULE!











We went to the infamous redlight district, to catch the infamous shows...hmmm, nuff said about that :-p











We finally braved a tuk tuk, despite being advised against it. We decided to take one from the red light district which is pretty much the furthest location possible from our hotel (15 minutes)! OMIGOD' soooooo cool! I believe our driver was on some serious meth BUT made for a hella of a good ride. ( I will post the video we made later) Who knew a tuk, tuk could not tip over if it was only on two wheels! Woo Hoo. Oh, p.s- only took 10 minutes to get home!





If I quit my day job, I believe with my driving record I am well suited to drive the tuk tuk.











I must go and save the boys from the lady men now...they seem to be having a really hard time figuring what is what with that ;-p











Blog ya lates...

2 comments:

  1. did you see the signs for the women's bathroom in mbk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing the boyz have you around. You save them they get entertained that you get so coated in the 'flour'.

    Lot the blog. quiets my inner longing to travel. yet allows me to enjoy your escapades. I never really think of you being good at eating stuff that is NOT for the faint of heart!

    Twisky? Sounds like Tricky almost risky!

    Love you - Glad you are having fun. Say Hey to Russel and Rod.

    ReplyDelete