Thursday, April 16, 2009

World Biggest Waterfight...

So...they were not kidding when they said Thailand hosted the worlds biggest water fight during the Thai New Year.

MADNESS! ABSOLUTE MADNESS!

Thousands of people are in the streets celebrating the New Year (and that the riots are over), and celebration consists of EVERYONE getting drenched, as well as having a glue like flour paste applied to their face and body!

We walked 4 blocks to a "back packer" area (code for touristy) and by the end of these four blocks we all were completely drenched to the bone. (pictures to follow). And folks it is just not warm water it is cold ice water as well.  They stand on either side of the street and just soak you in the cross fire!  The Thai's also seem to be drawn to me as I seemed to be the one being applied with the most flour "water".  If you had added a few strips of newspaper to me, I would have been a freakin' paper meche!

We also partook in a local custom of what we are calling "twiskey" which is Thai Whiskey. Let me tell ya...when they brought us a small "bucket" poured two fifths of twiskey, a red bull and a coca cola, with 3 straws...I should have ran. BUT, I didn't and getting re-soaked all over again on the walk home was even more enjoyable.

All together a Totally Rad, Totally Awesome day!

And that was just day one folks...Blog ya lates!




No comments:

Post a Comment